We have released a brand-new version of Total.js OpenPlatform v5 with better security, enhanced technologies and fully customizable for many cases.
Total.js OpenPlatform v5
Finally, we have released a new version of Total.js OpenPlatform v5. The upgraded version brings better code, stability and security. It can be customized for a variety of purposes. OpenPlatform is under the MIT license.
As a database we use PostgreSQL. Data from the OpenPlatform are stored in the scheme
op, so you can extend the
public schema without losing functionality in the OpenPlatform.
Third-party apps can be written in any server-side or client-side technology.
Old vs New
In comparison to the new version, the old version has a lot more functionality. It was also difficult to extend the old version. Therefore, we decided to create a new OpenPlatform version for customizing rather than complex functionality. The newly released version is much faster and simpler to use.
The authentication mechanism has been replaced with a more secure one. Now a third-party app needs two tokens:
request token (for signing receiving data) and
response token (for signing outgoing data).
New app example
Check out our web application template optimized for the OpenPlatform. It can help you create an app for the OpenPlatform.
Other posts from Total.js Platform
- 2023-03-20Total.js tutorial: Simple Todo application (part 2)
- 2023-03-16Total.js tutorial: Simple Todo application (part 1)
- 2023-03-16Total.js API routing: The game changer
- 2023-03-16Total.js OpenPlatform: installation guide!
- 2023-03-16How to create OTP code generator with Total.js Flow?
- 2023-03-16How to parse XML in Total.js Flow
- 2023-03-16How to install Total.js Flow (Method 1)
- 2023-03-14New Total.js schema declaration
- 2023-03-01February report 2023
- 2023-02-2210 Total.js features to use in your next Express.js application.