We have released a new version of the Total.js framework with great new features that you will love.
New version of Total.js 4 framework (0.0.43)
We have officially released a new version of Total.js framework 4 (v0.0.43). This version brings great new features that you will love. Total.js framework is still without dependencies, and that's a good benefit for all developers. The new version brings great new features and fixes.
- Install Total.js 4 framework via NPM:
$ npm install total4
- or download the Total.js framework source-code from GitHub
Integrated LDAP search
We have integrated LDAP search into the Total.js framework directly. So you can easily synchronize or sign-in user via LDAP protocol with your e.g. Active Directory (AD) with the help of the Total.js framework directly.
Total.js framework supports TypeScript
Helferino added support for TypeScript, but we don't recommend it for the development of Total.js applications. The reason is simple (many developers will not agree): we don't see any more significant advantage of TypeScript.
- Download: Total.js TypeScript project template
The new version of Total.js supports JSON schemas. Total.js framework automatically processes all JSON schemas stored in
/app/jsonschemas/*.json directory. Also JSON schemas can be defined programmatically via
JSON Schemas can be used instead of Total.js Schemas:
Inline generator for JSON schemas:
Good to know:
- JSON schemas can be generated from the Total.js Schemas too
Total.js Message Service (TMS)
We have added a new pub/sub pattern for integrating multiple Total.js applications. You can use Total.js FlowStream app for integrating multiple Total.js applications via TMS. This is one of the most significant new feature in the Total.js framework. TMS uses JSON schemas / Total.js schemas for preparing data.
The integrator app automatically downloads all publishers and subscribers. Then creates components for the FlowStream app. Look to the picture below:
First you need to define all publisher/subscribers:
We add step-by-step TMS integration to all Total.js open-source apps.
FlowStream is one of the best features in the Total.js 4 framework, and it opens many possibilities for various implementations/cases/projects. It's advanced version of Total.js Flow and fully customizable. The FlowStream app moves the FlowStream to the super level, and each FlowStream runs in an independent worker thread.
- Download FlowStream app
Added support for debugging of bundles
This feature allows you to debug source-code in the
.src directory. In other words: The total.js application doesn't extract and rewrite bundles.
- create file
bundles.debugin the root of app directory
- restart app
- and then you can modify each file in
- watcher will monitor only changes in
Other posts from Total.js Platform
- 2022-07-01June report 2022
- 2022-06-02Flow v10 | CodeCon.sk 2022 | Case study
- 2022-06-02May report 2022
- 2022-05-01April report 2022
- 2022-04-01March report 2022
- 2022-03-22Flow v10 | Publish/Subscribe/Input/Output | Tutorial #3
- 2022-03-18Flow v10 | Create a Component | Tutorial #2
- 2022-03-16Flow v10 | Instalation guide | Tutorial #1
- 2022-03-15Total.js Flow version 10
- 2022-03-01February report 2022