I have published a new release of Total.js framework with some fixes and small improvements.
This version brings one great new feature, some bug fixes and great improvements. Make sure to update to the latest version. It's more stable than previous version. Both old and new version of the framework work with Node v9 without any problems.
- Read changelog
$ npm install total.jsor download empty-project
- Website: https://www.totaljs.com
This is the biggest new feature. Now you can connect via WebSocket from Total.js as a client. Implementation is very simple.
WEBSOCKETCLIENT(callback) is a global method:
New WebSocketClient supports:
- auto-reconnection when the connection is lost
- encode-decode UTF-8 messages according to the Total.js server-side WebSocket implementation
Can I connect Total.js app with another Total.js app via WebSocket?
From now on, yes.
My big friend Jozef Gula did a great job improving Total.js WebSockets. As he said, there were a few issues with the previous implementation. The new changes improve stability and performance.
Fixed WebSocket + ArrayBuffer
I found a problem in
ArrayBuffer type in
binary mode in WebSocket + I have extend
ArrayBuffer prototype by adding
ArrayBuffer.toBuffer() method. Now you can easily convert
Good to know:
The framework converts
ArrayBuffer automatically if you are sending a raw
I have improved a routing performance and executing of controllers.
I have improved Schemas implementation. The new implementation can save a lot of code and here is the example of new usage:
Inline schema validation
I have added an inline validation of defined fields in the schema. So you don't need to define
schema.setValidate() delegate. It is very simple:
Inline real-time enabling/disabling of schema validation
This feature is very important for more complicated schemas. This version of Total.js brings really great improvements for custom field validation.
New version of Total.js supports reading of all backups from a database.
Other posts from Total.js platform
- 2020-06-01May report
- 2020-05-12Remote terminal with Total.js + Node PTY + xTerm
- 2020-05-11Total.js v3.4.3
- 2020-05-01April report 2020
- 2020-04-03Total.js Cloud is launched
- 2020-04-02Total.js Code v1.4
- 2020-03-31March report 2020
- 2020-03-11Total.js v3.4.1 - HOTFIX
- 2020-03-02Februar report 2020
- 2020-02-14Total.js CMS v13