New improved version of the framework brings better performance, new features and some bug fixes.
New Total.js version 2.5
It's the best time to switch to Total.js. I can say that the framework is a professional tool for all web developers and their companies. Today it's Your last chance to buy Total.js Premium Account at 30% discount. Buy the premium with chat support now and start your business with Total.js platform, we'll change your view of web development in the next days.
- supports WebSocket DEFLATE compression algorithm
- replaced EventEmitter with custom implementation in the framework core (this step increased performance)
- rewritten handling of static files
- improved overall performance about 2-5%
- improved components, components now support groups
- improved loading of framework dependencies
- improved view rendering
- Total.js apps can be handled via Passenger web server
- improved responses
- improved requests processing
- improved WebSocket performance
- improved a memory consumption for GraphicsMagick and ImageMagick (great news for weaker VPS)
- and many small fixes and improvements
New global aliases
ON(name, fn)alias for
OFF(name, [fn])alias for
EMIT(name, arg1, arg..N)alias for
$GET(schema, [options], callback)alias for
$QUERY(schema, [options], callback)alias for
$WORKFLOW(schema, name, [options], callback)alias for
$TRANSFORM(schema, name, [options], callback)alias for
$OPERTION(schema, name, [options], callback)alias for
$MAKE(schema, model, [filter], [callback], [novalidate], [argument])alias for
A new alternative of schema declaration
An small example:
Debugging of Total.js application
I have added a debug logging into the framework. You can enable it via
allow-debug : true in a
config file or by passing options to
Example of output:
- the framework creates
/usage.logfile when it is initialized
- at every
serviceinterval the file
- created for critical situations
Now scheduler can be cleared via
The components mechanism supports
groups to render all components from the group:
This mechanism can extend your web applications (e.g. Total.js Messenger uses this mechanism).
Consolidated config names
IMPORTANT: don't worry all older names will be work the next 3 versions, so you have time for replacing older values. I have updated more than 60 projects because of that.
Easy way to change SMTP server
I have added a new method for easy changing of SMTP server with a check via
Mail.try(). More information in documentation.
- an experimental feature
How it works?
Framework automatically parses all functions
function DEFER and saves them to the helper variable.
- Don't have a premium account yet? Register now
- Support Total.js on social networks
- Make a donation
- Let's talk with us on Total.js Messenger
With new version is also coming a new product Total.js Flow (I hope next week) and better functionality (coming soon) for Total.js Eshop, Messenger, SuperAdmin, Dashboard, etc..