We have published a new version of the framework and 2 new open-source products.
New version Total.js v2.1.0 + new products
We are happy to announce, that new version
v2.1.0 of Total.js framework is out. We added some new features and fixed a few bugs. Have a look at changes on GitHub: changes.txt. We also redesigned our website at www.totaljs.com.
Important: We are looking for investors
The algorithm had to be rewritten due to some changes in licensing of the algorithm we used previously. New algorithm is a bit faster and more efective.
News in Schemas: Hooks
Currently we only use Hooks in a project that is not released yet, but it has a great potential in modular aplications. Using Hooks allows You to react when something happens, before/after saving data to db, when some page is to be rendered, etc.
Sitemaps now supports localisation in urls. We made some minor changes to improve overall functionality. More informations in docs: https://docs.totaljs.com/latest/en.html#pages~File%3A%20sitemap
Re-introduced and improved streaming of images
Previously removed streaming of images using
multipart/x-mixed-replace is now back. Thanks to this it's possible to stream images for example from IP camera which supports MJPEG. Implementation is quite simple.
New function F.group()
We added new method
F.group(flags, scope), which extends
flags in scope for following methods
F.file(). The inspiration comes from PHP framework Laravel.
New method has been added to websocket controller
controller.autodestroy([callback]). This method will destroy the instance of controller and release memory if there's no user online.
New open-source products
As the name suggests Blog Engine is a simple application for blogging. It uses Total.js's NoSQL embedded DB engine (flat file database) so all that's needed to run it is Node.js and Total.js framework. This website also uses Blog Engine.
- Web page: www.totaljs.com/blogengine
Dashboard is an application for displaying various information in a nice interface with customisable widgets. Widgets can load data from different sources and display them in all kind of graphs.
- Web page: www.totaljs.com/dashboard
Node.js Content Management System (CMS) has been moved to its own repository on Github. Some news in CMS can be found bellow.
- Web page: www.totaljs.com/cms
CMS has been removed from Eshop repository as mentioned above. Bellow changes applies to both CMS and Eshop.
- overall improvements of UI for better user experience
- simlified code base to improve performance
- new WYSIWYG editor to make editing pages realy simple
- Web page: www.totaljs.com/eshop
SuperAdmin now supports renewal of Let's encrypt Certificates. We've added more application templates and notifications. And since SuperAdmin uses components from componentator.com the bellow mentioned changes to Componentator applies to SuperAdmin too.
- Web page: www.totaljs.com/superadmin
Almost all components at componentator.com have been improved to achieve smaller and better code and we've added some animations to improve user experience.
- Web page: www.componentator.com
Other posts from Total.js platform
- 2020-08-02July report 2020
- 2020-07-07Total.js v3.4.4
- 2020-07-01June report 2020
- 2020-06-25Configure your first Total.js Flow
- 2020-06-24How to install Total.js Flow?
- 2020-06-01May report 2020
- 2020-05-12Remote terminal with Total.js + Node PTY + xTerm
- 2020-05-11Total.js v3.4.3
- 2020-05-01April report 2020
- 2020-04-03Total.js Cloud is launched